Star Wars Millennium Falcon Cake

 What Person doesn't love Star Wars!  This is the other cake I made for our church auction and I am glad that it did well.  This was a fun yet challenging cake to make.  I looked at pictures of the Millennium Falcon and other Millennium Falcon Cakes and drew a template by hand on parchment and used that to cut out the base shape of the cake. then I carved and shaped the cake until I was happy and crumb coated.  What took the longest was all the designs on the cake.  there are so many intricate pieces and piping that it took a LONG time.  And I have to say I love petal dust, luster dust and things like that.  It made the ship go from an ok looking ship to a more realistic ship that had been flying for a long time and seen lots of action.
Oh, and then on the board I put rainbow disco dust to make it look like stars in the back ground.  I don't know if you can see it, but it looked really cool.
It is a White Sour Cream Cake with Whipped Ganache filling.

Here is a shot of the whole cake!
Loved this cake! All it needs is Han Solo and the Wookie.  

Comments

  1. Wow!! I'm not a Star Wars fan, but that is awesome work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts