Sleeping Beauty Cake


 Here is a cake I made for our church auction.  The money all goes to help pay for the girls camp and boy scout camp.  I got the idea from a Debbie Brown book. (I believe it is her Enchanted Cakes book. I will have to look and will let you know if it isn't. )  It was a lot of fun, but I have a difficult time when it comes to faces.  I think I remade her face at least 12 times, until I said good enough.  I was hoping also to put more of  the quote from sleeping beauty on there, but I had cut out the letters a few days before and couldn't fit anything else on the board. If I did it again I think I would also make a prince  bending over to kiss her or walking up to her or something like that.  Who is your favorite princess character?  I have already done Tangled/Rapunzle, Snow White, Cinderella, and now Sleeping Beauty.  That doesn't leave to many left to make right?  I have three boys so I am not as savvy on my princess info.
Side view of the cake

 Top view and close up of Sleeping Beauty. 
To make this cake I took a 12 inch square cake and cut in half and stacked them on top of each other.  Then I cut off two inches long ways so the bed wouldn't be super long.  Then carved the edges of the bed so they would slope.  A few days before I made the head board and foot boards from gumpaste.  I had made the flower stand like in the book at the same time as the head boards, but it broke when I was assembling it so that is why the flowers are by the words. (I didn't want them to go to waste.)  Her body was not too hard just roll some sausages of fondant and put them on the bed. Then lay the skirt on top of it and then crease to give it some movement. For the face I rolled some fondant into a ball and then used a smile tool and piping tips for the mouth and eyes.  The nose is a tiny ball of fondant. Let me know if you have any questions.  Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Hello, Νeаt post. There is a problеm with your sіte in internet
    еxρloгеr, сould check this?
    IE nοnetheless іs the market chiеf and a large component to people ωіll miss your excellent writing beсause of this problеm.
    Also visit my weblog breaking news

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use google, so didn't know about the problem can you tell me what is wrong?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts